I have found the same thing, and mostly do double distill for CS. Anything over .4uS double distilled will make yellow CS here.Something doesn't distill out easily. One run through the still, if the water comes out .4uS it will make yellow CS. Run through a second time, the reading is still .4 uS, but the CS will be clear.
I've given up trying to identify what and why, I just deal with it.
sol

Sandee George wrote:
Ok - I cannot help you then - I used DI water twice the first and the
last time, it made
horrible black stuff, never again, I will only use distilled water, and
if I have to double
distill it, then so be it - even the RO water sometimes I have to double
distill - it just
depends upon the quality of the water - the deader the water, the better
it is !!!!!