.
Try typing _http://www.underourskin.com_ (http://www.underourskin.com)
rather than .org at the end.

==================================

In a message dated 5/31/2008 12:40:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mama000105-sil...@yahoo.com writes:

Hmm...that's weird about that link. When you click on it, its not  available,
but when you type in 'underourskin' on google it comes up fine.  Anyway, its
a domain forward to this link:

_http://www.openeyepictures.com/underourskin/_

Sorry,  'www.underourskin.org' does not exist or is not  available.

>Subject: CS>Lyme Disease by Dr. Gary  Gordon

>Go to _http://www.underourskin.org/_ (http://www.underourskin.org/)   if you
are interested in learning more about
>LYME from a  "trailer" for a new film. See just HOW BIG THIS PROBLEM IS.
Medical boards  are rescinding medical licenses of the practitioners who are
treating Lyme,  which in many cases has been also diagnosed as MS, Lupus,
Chronic
Fatigue,  and Fibromyalgia, etc.

>Those with unlimited finances will  also find genetic, toxin, and
malnutrition issues with food sensitivities  and other pathogens besides
Borrelia B,
which makes these patients with no  easy answers. Anti-infective therapies
often
do not completely hold and thus  I am suggesting we have to address the entire
spectrum of issues that I  always bring up in the complex patient.

>Methylation issues  due to epigenetic changes related to our toxin load must
be assumed to be  present. The 677 MTHFR problem is in 50% of our population
and the work of  Randy Jirtle at Duke has lead to the identification of
BISPHENOL A, as an  epigenetic insult that lead to HYPOMETHYLATION in his
Agouti
mice, which  wound up turning yellow, developing obesity and Diabetes. They
reversed to  sleek brown normal weight mice with the administration of
methylating
agents  B12 and Folic acid or detoxifying substances like Genistein.

>With the headlines today about LEAD levels at birth showing  up years later
as health issues including violent and criminal behavior, it  means to me that
we need to look much further than just the presence or  absence of a
particular pathogen to bring these patients back and stop this  from happening
others in future. We go through all the phases from  adrenal insufficiency to
Candida to food reactions to hypoglycemia etc and  never realize that we are
the 4
blind men looking at the elephant and seeing  only a small part of the
picture.

>This trailer is worth your  viewing, as you will be seeing these patients in
your office and they can be  helped. You do not need to lose your license
over antibiotic based  programs.

>And join me in California on June 26-28th where the  film will be shown and
I will be presenting at the Lyme-Autism Connection  Conference and Physicians'
Training. For more information and to register  online, go to
http://www.liafoundation.org/. Learn more on the connection  between Mercury,
Lyme, Autism,
and lowering the total body burden of toxins  and pathogens.

>Garry F. Gordon MD,DO,MD(H)
>President,  Gordon Research  Institute
>www.gordonresearch.com
>
>http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/filmguide/Under_Our_Skin.html
>
>It  may be the most controversial illness in America today. Most people
think of  Lyme disease as that thing you can catch from a tick bite, but few
know
the  true graveness of one of the most dangerous epidemics currently
afflicting  people across the nation. Already profoundly difficult to test
accurately,
thousands of people go undiagnosed or, even worse, misdiagnosed with Lyme.
The Center for Disease Control estimates that more than 200,000 people  acquire
Lyme disease each year, a number greater than that of new cases of  AIDS,
West Nile Virus, and Avian Flu combined. And yet, the medical
establishment-with
profound influence from the insurance industry-has stated  that the disease
is detectable and treatable and that chronic Lyme is most  likely either some
other affliction or a completely psychosomatic disorder.  Under Our Skin is a
powerful and often terrifying examination of Lyme  disease that looks at not
just the science of the bacteria and the politics  of the controversy but also
the personal stories of those whose lives have  been affected and nearly
destroyed. From a few brave doctors who risk their  medical licenses to
patients who
once led active and athletic lives but now  can barely walk, Andy Abraham
Wilson's documentary uncovers issues and  secrets that most people probably
don't
even know exist. While exposing  evidence of a broken healthcare system, he
also gives voice to those who  believe that instead of a crisis, Lyme is simply
an "epidemic of hysteria,"  often overdiagnosed and contributing to another
potential future crisis: the  looming ineffectuality of antibiotics and the
growing strength of viruses.  Wilson's careful study and expert storytelling
provide a compelling,  informative, and emotional experience of one of the most
mysterious and  important-but least discussed-diseases currently plaguing our
country.