Hi Kathryn, I looked at NutraSilver's website; down at the very bottom
it says:  "...These statements have not been ... by the FDA ..." which,
the usual standard disclaimers aside, makes me wonder why all the hype
about FDA approved labs, NOT - you'll notice, - product.  My general
purpose BS detector overheats at this sort of obfuscation<g>.

Work in Russia (oops, USSR then) examined finely divided silver in
suspensions, and I believe the conclusion was that it wasn't quite so
wonderful.  OTOH many water filters have used silver plated onto-into
charcoal with good antibacterial effects.  It would seem there's both a
contact effect with 'molecular' silver and possibly another effect with
the ionic solution.  Silverlon and other silver containing wound
dressings purportedly work by ion transport into the affected tissues.
Much of Dr. Becker's work was with ionic silver produced
electrolytically in-situ, particularly (eewww!) in bone and deep tissue
regeneration.

Perhaps Ode has some comment on his gel, whether it's primarily an ionic
or a covalent sort of goop; I've read it works, anyhow.

Take care,  M.