To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: CS>08-09 Flu Vaccines are in, Come and Get Em!!

Hi Kurt,

Remember that there are folks who are annoyed by your postings. *I*
want those folks to hang around and continue to support the list. So I
am asking you to take on a lower profile, somewhat conciliatory posture
so that maybe we can get them to at least willingly tolerate your input
to the group.

So pointed remarks telling folks to not be offended and not read your
post if they're not open minded enough... blah blah, or a perky "Thank
you Dee!" every time she posts her fan-girl praises, are just rubbing
people's noses in the fact I haven't exiled *all* of your political
posting to the OT list, which is, of course, what they want me to do,
after all...

You celebrating victory all over the place is hardly the best way to
encourage acceptance of my decision, is it? And if that's *not* what
you're trying to do, it's probably good for you to know that's how it's
coming across, okay?

This is an experiment to see if you can mold yourself to this
environment and even get to the point of appealing to those folks who
might not agree with you now. As I've been encouraging you all along, I
want you to dive deep for a little bit so the resentment dies down and
they can consider the messages you do post without the sense of
annoyance spawned over recent events.

That means giving them a day or two off between posts. That also means
delivering your messages soberly and without resentful barbs. I think
it also means not thanking every person who says an approving thing
about you.

Lastly, as a matter of etiquette, it's generally poor manners to
clutter the list up with one-line responses all the time. I should
probably remind Dee of that as well, but I'm not sure she's
constitutionally able to stifle that reflex. <grin> I tend to ignore
the issue myself, until something like this makes itself obvious.

Anyway, let's keep trying. Consider this feedback and fine-tuning,
please, and work on it.

Be well,

Mike D.

Thanks Dee!