Cancer is a viable DNA mutation...a cell replication error that's not too far off to stay alive and replicate the error. Mutation has many causes. Instead of fiddling with resistors, get a potentiometer and dial in the resistance you want that puts the current where you want. Toenails are darned near waterproof. The fungus lives not only in the nail bed, but also in the nail itself. CS kills it in the nail bed pretty well, but only slows it down in the nail itself as the fungus grows around imbedded immobile silver.
 If your nails grow fast, that's sometimes good enough.

Ode