My hole is right on edge I do not always fill water to the silver wire,  when
I do not have a problem.
I have a Love distiller that I use but I only put in 3 instead of 4 quarts
water.
If I fill more it seems to boil some of the minerals into the condenser on
top.
No build up I have a unit that switches Polarity every 60 seconds. I
basically never clean any thing,
I just filter the CS through 3 brown coffee filter papers. I also have
several home made generators using a low voltage DC source and a Current
limiting
Diode (around 1 Mill amp). On these I just wipe off silver and still  run
through the filters. The thing about small DC power sources are I have a 9
Volt
that puts out close to 24 volts DC at 1 Mill Amp draw. When you look at  rating
on power supply the voltage rating is at the Listed current draw. Less  draw
means higher voltage. Been looking for a 24 volt DC at around 1000 Mill  amps
to see how high the voltage is. These are the cheap powers supply not all
will spike real high.
The current limiters are just 2 to 4 dollars and the powers supplies are
available all over for a few bucks, sometimes less than a dollar at Flea
Markets, or swap meets. For $5 you can build a CS generator with
current control. It is interesting  to watch using a volt meter as  coins are
moved closer together the voltage goes down to limit current to rating  on
limiters. As you move silver apart voltage goes up. The max voltage is at no
flow, but 1 mill amp is so little current the voltage drops vary little. The 9
volt power supply I have puts out close to 24 volts at 1 mill amp and is only
around 1 volt or less higher at no current flow ( by no current flow I meant
just the meter between wire ends). Some day I will have to sit down and draw
how  to connect up a current limiter and make a less than $5 CS generator. I
bought a  couple Dozen of current limiters in various sizes .5 to 1.5 Mill amps
just to  have around for emergencies or some that wants a cheap generator.
Bob