On Sep 16, 2008, at 2:10 PM, brick...@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/15/2008 1:48:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, new...@aapt.net.au writes:
Getting a physician to prescribe simple antifungal drugs for a deadly
disease is often impossible. The mentality seems to be, "if cancer were fungus, we'd have learned that in medical school." Couple this with what the medical industry refers to as "the standard of care," and real problems evolve. That "standard" rejects anything but chemotherapy, radiation or surgery for cancer patients. Even if physicians wanted to try antifungal therapy for their patients, doing so would, perhaps, be perceived as being
at odds with the "standard of care."

I ordered diflucan (fluconazole) 20 200 mg from Australia for $20. + shipping, ($48).

4RX.com
Phone Number With Area Code
NO SPACES OR SYMBOLS PLEASE: 1-877-7-BUY-4RX
Fax: 1-866-206-9496

No prescription required. I understand they get it from India. A local DR says that DMSO added  to standard oral prescription toenail fungus meds. allows one to apply it directly on the nails which avoids the liver damage,

Brickey

That is very cool, thanks for passing along the info. Good to know in case.

FYI, I took low dose diflucan (100 mg 2 times a week) for over a year and a half and had no problems. It is much easier on the liver than nystatin, so I hear. My doc said that it takes 3 days to get through the system, so taking it twice a week is good enough to eradicate. That was for a more systemic problem.

Kathryn