I looked up revive, and it looks like it acts as a sort of fertilizer; a wetting agent that releases nutrients that are already in the soil. Since mushrooms like fertilizer, maybe it gave them more to grow on. OTOH, mushrooms spend most of the life cycle as mycelium, growing to the critical mass where it can support the fruiting bodies (mushrooms). They do tend to spring up overnight. You could try the CS by itself and see if that does anything, or you could try some copper sulfate like Ode says- it is an antifungal.