Brilliant post Steven, another I will keep.  dee

Steven Foss wrote:
Hi Silver List.

Taking Colloidal Silver by mouth (and with food) raises the point of metalloproteins. "Your saliva has over 200 different proteins and fully one third of body proteins are metalloproteins I.E. carrying metallic ions. Thus, reactive ions (missing one or more electrons) can be transported past the stomach and thru the circulatory system without local reactions, ie Silver Ions reacting with chloride ions to from Silver chloride. Metal ion substitution permits even a zinc metalloprotein to take up the silver ion and release the zinc ion. The free, ionized zinc, which would be toxic if permitted to accumulate, binds to a metal regulatory element on the promoter region of the metallothionein gene and "turns on" the synthesis of more metallothionein.
Metallic ions, either free or disassociated from dissolved soluble salts are
absorbed and isolated by ligands in the saliva, usually metalloproteins. (The
main reason you are meant to chew your food well). Metallothionein (MT) is a
relatively small molecule that binds heavy metals including silver, cadmium,
iron, copper and zinc, and is made by most cells in our body.