Hi Kathryn

You might try Vitamin D, skin problems in dogs are sometimes related to
D deficiencies.  Dunno if you should nip the capsule and dribble it on,
or feed it to her direct.  My limited experience has been that it helps
internally but it could be like vit. E and useful externally as well;
prob'ly can't do any harm.  "Pirate" Indeed!<G>

Take care,  Malcolm