To remove cataracts use coconut milk (fresh from the coconut). Straining it
first would be a good idea. Put as much as the eye will hold and cover with
a warm wet cloth for at least 10 minutes. Repeat the following day.

We discovered this by accident while on a cruiseship (years ago). A few of
us were on an island day trip and wanted to get off the beaten tourists path
so we hired a bus and driver to take us to the opposite side of the island
(only 10 of us on that big bus). A man and his wife were taking the cruise
as a sort of last hoorah before her scheduled cataract surgery we later
found out. Anyway beautiful beach, coconuts laying everywhere and we got
thirsty, no drinking water. So we decide to open up some coconuts to quinch
our dry throats. Found a local with a big macheate and through sign language
we convinced him to open coconuts for us. Anyway the woman with the
cataracts got splashed in one eye by the coconut juice and it burned a bit.
We were all digging through everything we had for something to releave her
eye "injury", all we came up with was one moist washcloth. Her husband wiped
her eye and placed the washcloth over it. About 10 minutes later she
announced we should head back to the ship. We did. The next morning at
breakfast she said that her eye was much better and that she could see very
well. We examined her eye closely and could not see any signs of the
cataract, which were quite obvious the day before. She said she wished she
had gotten splashed in both eyes. Then the idea dawned on us to "splash" her
other eye. We did as soon as we got ashore that very day, also repeated the
other eye too. This time we were prepared, went to the local market grabbed
a coconut, opened it, strained it through a washcloth into a plastic cup.
Dribbled the juice into both eyes. Placed a warm washcloth over both eyes.
Waited 10 minutes and the rest is history. She went to her MD upon returning
stateside -
no cataracts and no surgery. Give it a try the next time you
have an opportunity. CU - Marjie