Hi Dee

Yes it really annoys me when doctors call any pain they can't identify
'fibromyalgia'. It does a real disservice both to their patients and to
people who genuinely have fibro. Fibromyalgia has 18 distinct pressure
points set bilaterally on the body. these are extremely sensitive to touch
or pressure, way out of the ordinary (you can find diagrams of these on the
internet) and many sufferers also have a whole list of other symptoms.

However the problem is that many doctors when they don't know what's wrong,
just take the easy way out and use it as an umbrella term

Cheers
Kirsteen