From: M. G. Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: CS>so what kills a tapeworm head pls?
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 3:36 PM

Jean writes:
> The food grade DE is the only kind that will work.  The pool DE has been
> fired and is smooth and won't work.  If you look at food grade DE under
> an electron microscope, it will look like razor blades.

That is correct. The food grade I've seen offered online by some places
that sell it for animal feed additives as well as for dusting pets and
livestock for fleas, mites, etc.

Garden grade and the stuff they sell for swimming pool filters is
unlikely to be safe or effective. The garden stuff is usually
contaminated with additional pesticides and the pool grade has been
treated with heat that destroys the microscopic structure that is
essential for it to work.

Diatomaceous earth kills insects by literally perforating their outer
membranes and causing them to dessicate. I imagine something similar
goes on with parasites.

Be well,

Mike D.
[mdev...@eskimo.com                        ]
[Speaking only for myself...               ]