This is just ridiculous! Somehow, I sprained my thumb while I was asleep... How I managed to do that, I still don't know. Both lower thumb joints; the one closest to the wrist and the one where the thumb branches off from the hand. Pain...OMG, I could feel it all the way up to my shoulder. And the muscles all around the thumb joints in my hand were cramping like crazy! It hurt so bad I was nauseated! I've never thrown up from pain before, not even when I had my babies...

Okay so...Better now..

Prescription for a sprained thumb, LOL.

First: Apply ice for 15 minutes, then rest 15 minutes, then reapply ice... Helps reduce swelling and pain..

then

Liquid Kava extract: 1 1/2 droppers full every 6-8 hrs(muscle relaxant, anti anxiety, and increases effects of analgesics)
2 White Willow capsules every 4-6 hours(anti inflammatory and analgesic)
2 grams turmeric every 4 hours (anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects)
DMSO Gel, and Emu Oil applied topically.. as needed(Topical anti-inflammatories and analgesics)

This has done wonders...The swelling is almost totally gone and I have the use of my thumb again, though it's still a tiny bit tender..Sprained it last night and it's almost good as new!

Annie