I think the following exchange was sent to the list by Hanneke by
mistake when it was intended to be private. I'll take the opportunity
to answer the concerns of the other member, though...

Hanneke's correspondent wrote:
> Hey! Thanks for the links!! I'm a bit perturbed about the list-owners
> "reminder" mail. CS deals with health, so do vaccines, and just to
> limit the subjects to CS is form of ignorance. Why are most of sick in
> the first place?

Hanneke replies:
> As long as we don't endlessly carry on about a non CS topic, it is ok.
> Knowing that most here are not subscribed to the off topic silver list,
> (that's where this post would have gone normally), I posted it here
> believing that the information contained in the videos is important.
> Before this post results in lots of discussion, I am suggesting to move
> any discussions to the off topic list.

The only thing in either comment that's not exactly correct is that, of
course, we do not limit discussion to only CS. I learned early on as
list owner that people WILL ask questions about random health issues
and that things other than CS WILL come up in the answers, and that
that's an important part of our ability to help people -- which is the
ultimate reason the list exists at all!

The only thing I ask is that non-CS subjects get treated more briefly,
so that basic curiosity is satisfied and other resources identified so
people can continue their research.

The best compromise I've been able to forge on politics is to prohibit
it altogether except for occasional heads-up messages about CS-related
or important alternative health topics, with any discussion of the
political aspects to take place on the OT list.

The other no-win topic area is religion, which is also prohibited as a
topic for *discussion.* Having no desire to create an environment
*hostile* to it, however, quiet expressions of gratitude, greetings,
prayer requests, or other passing references incidental to the topic
being discussed are just fine.

Those hot-button topics are a sure bet to cause bitter arguments and
harmful discord amongst the members. Experience has taught us it's best
to stay clear.

These things are also stated in the list rules, which you'll find at
www.silverlist.org ...

Lastly, I'd like to again thank everyone for keeping the group going so
well without constant intervention on my part. I don't review what
people post before it goes out. My moderation is always after-the-fact,
and I depend on each of you to absorb the "culture" and spirit of the
community and conduct yourself in a way that supports its purpose.

Peace,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner