A microwave magnetron runs on HVDC and the box has a power level function to pulse it.
 Watch that cap! [ZAP]

Ode

At 11:46 AM 7/30/2009 -0400, you wrote:
Using microwave parts is extremely dangerous. The voltages are high, the capacitances big, and currents unlimited. There has been some discussion of using microwave transformers, but I thought those were for HVAC not HVDC. I see no way to produce small particle CS using high voltage DC as the currents would be way over the optimum of 1 mA/in^2

Marshall

Pierre Genton wrote:
Hi-

I am new to the group here. I was referred to this list by a fellow who says there was some experience here amongst your ranks using microwave transformers and capacitors etc to make CS using high voltage DC. I wanted to go to the archives to have a look around but that section is not functioning at the moment and so I thought I'd just ask the group instead. I have been using low dc Volt system for making a fine quality CS for 5 years already. Because of demand from family and friends I need to increase my production.

I found some instructions on the internet from a kind fellow on how to connect the microwave components together to create such a system but not much more details then that unfortunately. I tried it and the initial results are encouraging. I only have a TDS meter on hand and so am not really sure about the quality of the product. Also I only had wire type of electrodes and did not have the wider pieces of silver and so I fear I am making too large of particles.

Has anybody here used this type of system and if so have they had their product analyzed for true ppm, particle size and % of ionic/colloid content etc. ?

any information on this will be appreciated.

best regards,

PG50