..a doorway to the next amazement park ride.
"Crash for clunkers" ??
If you don't stop driving it, ya can't trade it in.

Without the fear of death, there is little thrill in life.
It's unavoidable, so go ahead and live as you please.
..but "this" is the dream part, and we are merely afraid to wake up.

..you NEVER remember going to sleep.
In a dream , you only "believe" you are you.

 The meat left behind is your dream artifact, not his.
..he got away...but he isn't gone.
YOU are.
But it's only temporary.

Enjoy the ride. [Wayne means Wagon Maker.  A cartwright ]

No one can fool me better than me, then prove to myself that I couldn't have to the point that I stop looking for the truth.
 "Self validating feedback loop"

..a human, being. [a verb, not a thing. Nouns are implied, subject to activity. ]

Ode [1953]