Super glue, cyanoacrylate, is great for holding wounds closed so they can heal as well. They use it on the military field a lot.

Marshall

Dianne France wrote:
I have the gel kit but haven't made it yet. I had an incident last week which was bad. A large punch bowl fell out of my cabinet and broke on the counter infront of me sending large shreads everywhere. One of them hit me and made about a 2" slice. My husband quickly came and cleaned up around me so I could move. I was bare footed. I was bleeding pretty good. He said I needed to go to the hospital for stitches and I said he better have a plan B. I cleaned the wound multiple times with CS, which surprisingly burned on the open wound. By putting pressure and the bleeding subsiding I was able to push the tissue together and it was jagged. My husband used butterfly bandaging to hold it together. I've doctored with CS multiple times each day and it is looking good. Should be able to remove the butterflies maybe today or tomorrow. CS is great stuff. No infection and the skin looks like it's going to stay together and heal fine.
Dianne