It was a result of the smallpox inoculations. I don't think it was man made, but rather a virus that was easily put down by anyone's healthy immune system, but the smallpox vaccine devastated the immune system so much that it was able to take over. Also some of the vaccines MAY have been contaminated with it, but I am not sure there is any proof of that.

Marshall

Dorothy Fitzpatrick wrote:
polio was a man made disease, which came from a vaccine for something else, so I read somewhere. dee