I haven't tested it, but I doubt very much that rain water would be even
close to pure enough.  When I lived in UK you would see sand on your car
after the rain which apparently came from the Sahara.  Now when I look at
city air and you can see smog, I can't help wondering how much of that gets
knocked out of the sky with rain water.  I've seen references claiming
rainwater being around 20ppm, but suspect it could be way higher than this
in some areas.  Maybe if you're very fortunate with your geographical
location it could be better.

Paul B