That's a bit of a problem sol.  I can't remember as it's so long ago, what I do
remember clearly is that when checking the reading after brewing the reading
had gone DOWN.  Not being a chemist I was surprised it went down instead of up
(ignorance and naivety at the time <g>) but I found out that this is normal due
to organics or such in the water and if left brewing long enough the reading
would eventually go up again to give approximation of ppm.

Explanation for this is over my head sol, so I never bothered after that cos
it's only brewed for a very short time, but had some lab tested so I had an
idea of silver content.  The 40+ result was what came back so I just run with
that.

P.S. I just went out and tested a sample...45.3uS.  It's raining at the moment
and I only cleaned growing weeds, mud and moss from the gutters yesterday (yeah
I know, I'm slack) so there is a fair amount of crap still washing into the
tank from my debris cleaning, pity this conversation hadn't occurred 48 hours
ago before the water got stirred up <g>.

N.