I love this group !! You folks are great !!  Lois

In a message dated 10/2/2009 12:01:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mdud...@king-cart.com writes:

zoe w  wrote:
> I am so sorry you had to experience this.  In my  observations across
> the country  anywhere you go in  Tennessee  seems to be this way.
> Please don't judge  the rest of our beautiful country  by this
> yardstick.   My apologies to any  Tennesseeans here who do not fit
>  this pattern, this was my observation  based on a cross country  bus
> tour  a couple years ago.    I simply could not  believe how  different
> things are in that  state.

I  am Tennessean and definitely do not feel that way.  In fact I research
material from a number of different tribes, primarily Hopi and Mayan,
due to their rich heritage and "stories".  I am very interested in
shamanism of any tribe.  I have even attended dancing and drumming
ceremonies, and tried to go to a sweat lodge, but my wife objected. The
energies are wonderful.

> There will always be individuals   who harbor  resentment  and
> animosity,  but  mostly  they will keep it to themselves  these days.
>  We can perhaps have some control over how people act in public,  but
> we cannot govern  what they think.    It would be  wonderful  if there
> were some magic pill or elixir that would  make this all go away.
> I have at one time or another lived in just  about  every  area  in
> this land  except for the  great  Northwest.   In most of these areas
> great  progress has been made  not only towards  blacks  and indians
> but other minorities  as well.   Even so ,  one  will always encounter
> certain individuals  who carry on  the old  hateful ways.   Perhaps  in
> another 500  yrs  or so.........      Its really  seems  kind  of
> ridiculous  these days  when most of us  are   a  conglomeration  of
> many many cultures.   It is  time  to  show  not tolerance,  but
> acceptance  and understanding.

You may find with the changes coming, that  will be changed by 2013. I
sure hope so.

Marshall