Very Well known and respected.   One of his students  was  My  teacher.

zoe

Garnet wrote:
Check out this website for information on herbs and making tinctures. Michael is highly respected and has trained many herbalists over the years as well as published
many original works on herbal medicine.

http://www.swsbm.com/homepage/

Garnet

--------
http://www.ldndatabase/forum
Dr Chris Steele, ITV's This Morning supporting LDN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpjsDK0LPA

Norton, Steve wrote:

Peter,
This may be best answered by Doug, Malcolm or Renee who have more tincture experience than I. The Chaga mushroom looks very interesting. Tincturing of muchrooms is common and in fact my first tincture was of a fungus because of the high cost of the commercial tincture. One problem of tincturing is determining the type of solvent the targeted substances are soluble in. Generally I prefer to extract all the components within an herb so I use an alcohol tincture that should extract both water and oil soluble components. More recently I have also used DMSO to help increase the boiavailibility of some substances that have a low bioavailibility. Also some substances are more soluble in DMSO although some are not. Finding the solubility of all the individual components within a plant is difficult if not sometimes impossible. Up till recently I used a water extraction, decoction, or alcohol or DMSO tincture. Lately I have been considering alcohol with DMSO in a single tincture but I don't for sure that that it is better. In answer to your question, DMSO can improve bioavailability esp with substances that have a lower biiavailability normally. It may not always be necessary but it won't hurt that I know of. I think that it might be good to use with Chaga given the large number of substances contained in it.

 - Steve N