  From: Clayton Family
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 8:26 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>OT Borax and termites

  shake harder.

  If it is clogging, then it is not completely dissolved. You could even heat
the solution.

  On Oct 3, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Sharlene Miyamura wrote:

    I mixed Borax with water and placed into a sprayer but it kept clogging the
tube of the sprayer.  Water is not a strong enough solvent so I think DMSO may
work, though propylene glycol has a "coating" consistency.  I'll see how DMSO
fares. Thanks Tony!

    On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Tony Moody <a...@new.co.za> wrote:

      On 2 Oct 2009 at 12:09, Sharlene Miyamura wrote about :

      Subject : CS>OT Borax and termites

      > Borax might kill termites too, there's Borate treatment used by a few
      > exterminators.  After doing some searching, I read that one can mix
Boric
      > acid with propylene glycol (biodegradable form of anti-freeze), the
glycol
      > helps to saturate the wood.  I was wondering if anyone knows what I
could
      > substitute for the propylene glycol to make it more environmentally
safe.

      > Sharlene

      What about water or even better, dilute DMSO.

      hth,
      Tony

      List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>