I totally agree Garnet. This is not the place for religious discussions and certainly not the place for misguided prejudice. Knock it off Bruce.

Cyndi

Garnet wrote:
The list rules prohibit religious discussions. It's a private list.
Just because the list owner is away is no reason to disrespect
the rules we agree to when we subscribe.

Garnet

--------
http://www.ldndatabase/forum
Dr Chris Steele, ITV's This Morning supporting LDN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpjsDK0LPA

Bruce Anderson wrote:
Dear Cindi:
I am 72yoa. When I was in school most of the boys, and some of the girls, carried pocket knives. We whittled sticks, cut string, etc. and sometimes cut ourselves and the teacher might give us a band-aid. The serious offenses were running in the halls, chewing gum / talking in class and paper wads.

NOW it's murder, stabbings, drugs, rape and assault and battery. But then, that is after they ask God to leave.

This nation was founded on Judeo/Christian principles
The Pledge of allegence contains "one nation under God"
Even our money states "In God we trust"
No one is required to be Christian or Jewish or to participate activity or observance of those groups. At least 80% of our citizens profess to be either Christian or Jewish, so we have at least as much right to express our opinions and be heard as the very vocal 20%. Both groups have the ability and right to turn away, turn it off, or hit the delete button.

Bruce A.

cyndiann wrote:

Melly Bag wrote:

It is insecurity at its best because we know some proud, selfish, greedy people are out to get the defenseless. But have no fear, we have a GOD who is watching over us if only we turn and pray to not ignore HIM. Schools were made to take away religion so our kids' consciences would be numb and when recruited by those in power will not have a conscience to bother them when orders are delivered. See? They execute without blinking an eyelash! Melly

WTF?

Please, lets not go there. There is so much wrong with this post. Religion has no place in schools or should I say putting one single religion in schools while ignoring the rest is wrong.

People who are not christian do have a conscience and morals. Indeed, we aren't scared into being moral by a god that makes you afraid to be otherwise. I guess this post most of all lets us see what prejudice is about.

Cyndi
who wonders why this thread is still going