CS alone will leave the ears too wet. Most of the time it is yeast not mites. If the dog has food allergies, most often to the grains wheat in particular, in dog food then the problem will not go away
until the allergen is removed. Heavy ear flaps can also keep the
ear overly moist and encourage yeast in which case maintenance
cleaning and treatment must be ongoing.

DMSO is good a drying out moist tissues, but even with DMSO
mixed into the CS I would not be putting a lot of liquid in the ear.

ACV is also a good cleaner.

If it is wheat allergy the dog needs to be kept off all wheat even
treats. This is probably the most common cause of recurring
ear infections in dogs.

Garnet

--------
http://www.ldndatabase.com/forum
Dr Chris Steele, ITV's This Morning supporting LDN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpjsDK0LPA

MaryAnn Helland wrote:
Hi Dianne. It would probably depend on if the problem is ear mites, or a yeast infection, or both. CS would help the yeast infection, but not the ear mites. The liquid from the vet would help with ear mites, but not a yeast infection. If it were my dog, I would probably treat for both. I think DMSO added would have value. JMHO. MA