Hi Dan,

I see now that it was in the quote from Mercola...I didn't "see" that:)

My mistake.

I find Mercola's inconsistency to be disturbing and his statement very misleading. The body requires both iodine and potassium iodide which is why Lugol's or Iodoral are great supplements. Having said that, I believe sol is highly allergic to iodine yet Brownstein (he is part of the group) has only found (at last reading) person who was allergic and that was over come. Be interesting if she we close enough to Brownstein could examine her:)

Yes, Iodoral is 5mg iodine and 7.5mg potassium iodide, Lugol's is made with 5g iodine, 10g iodide and mixed with 85 ml distilled water...and ends up at the same ratio because of a chemical reaction which I don't understand.

Regards,

Craig

Dan Nave wrote:
Hi Craig,

"I" wasn't saying anything about Lugol's.

However, on reading Mercola's comments, which I have no investment in
(of any sort, neither financial or emotional), it appears that he is
making a distinction between iodine and iodide.  Lugol's apparently
has both in it.  Whether this is a valid concern, I am not able to
discern...  That being said, it appears that even he is not able to be
consistent in his references to iodine and iodide in his own
writing...

I haven't been able to read it yet, but the site you indicated, under
"Iodine Chemistry" may speak to this issue.

Dan