On 10/20/2009 7:58:31 PM, Lisa (blacksa...@comcast.net) wrote:
Hi All

I made
Mike's recipe after receiving my Eyebright from Doc Christopher.
Is it really supposed to burn so terribly bad?!?!?! I measured it exactly...
1 oz CS, 1 tsp MSM powder, 15 drops of Eyebright Tincture and "a couple
dropperfulls of 99% DMSO" -- which wound up being two dropperfuls that were
about half way filled.

I don't
have an eyecup so I used the dropper and got maybe one or two drops
in each eye...I have to say, it burnt like hell! What can I do to make it
not sting so badly? Dilute with more CS (rather EIS)?????
Reduce the MSM. I just can't tolerate that much, it burns me half to death. I can tolerate a little bit, and just made up a batch with very little MSM and add more until it is just barely below where I would not be able to tolerate it. Unfortunately less MSM probably makes it less effective, but that is what I have to do to use it at all. It may possibly help to use the drops more often if you have to use less MSM. From years of reading of eye drops with MSM in here, tolerance varies, and I'm just not one of the ones who can take the pain. FWIW, I tried an eye drop with one of my rabbits that has half that much MSM (1/2 tsp in 1 ounce EIS) and he freaked and bit clear through my thumbnail. Then I tried it in my own eye, and understood why he went crazy--it caused him great pain. It doesn't hurt the eye, but if pain is too great, it is too great. The amount of DMSO in the mix didn't bother me at all once I reduced the MSM. But I did try straight DMSO ONE drop, in ONE eye....that was more than enough for me. I couldn't force myself to do the other eye.
sol