My info is that Berkson did use ALA intravenously.  However, someone spoke
on this list about encapsulating ALA the same way we are doing Vit. C with
lecithin.  Has anyone heard anything further about this??  I may have missed
it.  If this works the same way as the C, then we should be able to approach or
reach blood levels comparable with what Berkson does with ALA for the mushroom
poisoning and get new livers real quickly!!  Sounds good.  pj