From: Norton, Steve <stephen.nor...@ngc.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun Jan 31 12:50:56 2010
Subject: Re: CS>WHY EIS is less likely to cause Argyria!

Ode,

Certainly it is possible that silver fulminate could be formed. But how much?
The study shows that over 170 mg of silver had accumulated in the body. Given
the instability of silver fulminate as a precipate I would  hope it was in
solution if it existed. It may also be possible that some silver chloride is
converted to other silver compounds such as silver citrate in the blood.

 But it is not clear what you mean by the statement "If MOST of it does, that
sorta confirms the theory." If you are saying that if the silver is removed by
the kidney it must be  silver fulminate, I have to disagree. I once speculated
that silver chloride in solutuon might be removed by the kidney because
chloride is removed by the kidney (sodium chloride, potassium chloride). I have
never been comfortable with that proposition. Studies have shown that other
silver salts are removed in the liver by the attachment of glutathione to the
molecule. Who is to say which process is to take precidence? The same issue
exists with silver fulminate.  My tendency is to think the liver removal
process  take precidence when silver is in solution. If you look at the Altman
study, the kidney is still removing silver at max capacity after excretion
through the liver has dropped to a low level. To me that says that something is
replenishing the silver in solution which the liver removes and not the kidney.
My guess is that silver in some form of precipate is going back into solution
as the liver removes silver from the body.
Also, small particles are without question filtered out by the kidney.
But back to the issue of removal by the kidney confirming the presence of
silver fulminate, I think it does no such thing. Silver chloride will be as
likely removed by the kidney.

Regards,
       Steve N