Mike Monett wrote:
  > There is  another  problem   as   well.  The  chemistry  of silver
  > indicates that any silver ions in the blood will quickly plate out
  > on any  silver  particles in the blood, which do  not  register as
  > ions. He  does not confirm that the ions do not make  it  into the
  > blood, we  know from those who get argyria  from  silver compounds
  > they do,  but rather that when taken with colloidal  particles are
  > quickly plated out on the particles which are in the blood.

  >Marshall

  Marshall,

  There is no such chemistry of silver that will allow silver  ions to
  plate out on silver particles. Your claim is false.
Of course it does, the entire photographic industry depends on this very action of silver salts when in the prescence of a developer in an alkaline solution. If it is not possible, then there can be no such thing as a photograph.
  Here's why:

  1. In  conventional  LVDC  silver electrolysis,  a  silver  ion that
  reaches the  cathode  can accept an electron and  be  converted back
  into an atom. The equation is:

    Ag(+) + e(-) --> Ag

  However, one  of  the  most fundamental  laws  in  chemistry  is any
  chemical process  must  be charge balanced, and the  result  must be
  neutral.

  2. In  order  for the ion to plate out at the  cathode,  another ion
  must enter  the  solution. The only place this can occur  is  at the
  anode, and the result is another silver ion releases an electron and
  enters the solution. The equation is:

    Ag - e(-) --> Ag(+)

  The overall effect is a silver atom is transferred from the anode to
  the cathode.  This wastes an electron, and results in  no  change in
  the conductance  of  the  solution.  This  is  why  I  developed the
  conductance method  of  terminating the brew at or  just  before the
  ions reach the opposite electrodes. The section is "Analysing the CS
  Process", at:

    http://www.pstca.com/silversol/theory/analysis.htm

  3. The above process cannot work in the blood. There is no source of
  electrons to  neutralize  the  charge on the ion,  and  there  is no
  positively-charged silver  anode to release another silver  ion into
  the solution  to keep the charge balanced. There is also  no battery
  connecting the  two electrodes to supply the EMF  necessary  for the
  reaction to occur.
Of course there is a source of electrons. Look up the chemistry of photography, the development bath must be alkaline (the stop bath is acid), and there must be an oxidizing developer present. If what you say were true, then Kodak would not exist. If chemical reactions can ONLY occur if you have an anode and cathode, then 99.99% of all chemical reactions would be impossible and of course so would argyria which is cause by this very same process, except the initial silver atoms are formed by photoillumination of the silver chloride, and then the remaining silver chloride in the blood can plate out on them.. Life would not exist without chemical reactions taking place without an anode and cathode..
  4. If for some reason a silver ion landed on a silver  particle, the
  entire particle  would take on a positive charge in  accordance with
  the charge  balance rule. This will repel any further ions  from the
  particle and stop any further plateout.
Not true. If you start with Silver chloride AgCl, which is used in almost ALL photographic emulsions, and expose it to a developer in an alkaline bath, they will plate out on any silver particles present (what is termed the latent image). I am surprised anyone in this modern age is not aware of silver based photography. The blood is no different, it will contain silver chloride, is alkaline, and if you have taken EIS will contain particles. I can accept the possibility that some component in the blood may contain something which might inhibit this action, but to claim that the photographic development process itself is impossible is a bit out there.
  However, for your claim to work, the ions have to ignore  the charge
  buildup and  continue  releasing their charge to  the  particle. The
  particle would develop a high voltage like these two ladies  who are
  touching a high voltage conductor:

    http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090406/tesla_20.jpg
They don't release their charge to the particle, they are neutralized by oxidation by the developer. Although there are many possible developers in the blood, caffeine is one that has a high probability of being there and is a proven photographic developer. One possible conversion with caffeine is this:

AgCl + C_8 H_10 N_4 O_2 = Ag + N2Cl  + CO2 + C7H10N2

That is, Silver Chloride plus caffeine = Silver metal + Diazo Chloride + 4-Tolyhydrazine

There are likely many other paths, and I am sure probably a different one would be more kinetically probable.
  5. If your claim was true, the silver electrolysis process could not
  work. When  a  silver particle gives up an electron  and  leaves the
  anode, the  nearest silver particle is the anode.  Since  your claim
  requires the  ion  to ignore the positive charge on  the  anode, the
  silver ion would have no choice but to return to the anode and plate
  out. This obviously does not happen.
Chemical reactions without electrolysis have nothing to do with what occurs with electrolysis. Nothing is ignored. If you think that this is impossible then try and explain how photographs have been developed for over 100 years?
  6. If  your  claim was true, the ion selective  electrode  would not
  work in  any solution that contained silver particles. All  the ions
  would plate  out  and there would be nothing left  to  measure. This
  obviously does not happen.

I don't know of anyone that does ion selective electrode measurements with a developer added. I bet if they added some photographic developer to the solution it would plate out. This is a paper tiger.
  Marshall, your  remarkable and profound ignorance of the  basic laws
  of chemistry, physics, logic, and common sense is amusing.
Actually I was thinking the same thing about you. That you could be unaware of photography and the cheemisty involved is indeed amusing.

Marshall
  But I'm  afraid the conclusions you draw would be very  confusing to
  newcomers. I  recommend  that any of your claims  should  be checked
  very carefully by independent means.
Mike M.