Excuse my butting in but the only way to *determine* anything with your EIS is
laboratory analysis.  If you've got a pocket full of money and are willing to
get *several* samples analysed, go for it, but if not, then don't worry about
it, just keep using that meter.

Jeez, if I didn't know better I'd be thinking someone's trying to put the
frighteners up people again, only this time it's about meters.

Meters are NOT accurate, only laboratory analysis will result in any degree of
accuracy, but meters are the best to be had for the home producer, regardless
of their inaccuracies.  uS readings are multiplied by whatever figure you find
in the public domain, pick one, there's plenty to choose from out there.  As
with most things EIS related, there doesn't even seem to be a consensus on
THAT!  If it's a ppm meter, then just double that reading, how *accurate* does
one want to be in the backyard?  Unless of course this place is exclusive to
scientific types?

 I used 3 meters for quite some time to compare each of em!  And I did that so
I know I can separate myth from fact when marketers go on about what meter to
buy and what not to buy.  And don't believe a *particular* marketed meter will
read EIS to the 'ppm', cos from my experience...and laboratory analysis of
several samples...they don't!

Just keep using that meter and aim for repeatable results, and recheck your
solutions each day for several days taking note of what goes on over time, and
if you find mud or gravel in the bottom of those storage containers...then
you're gunna have to reassess what your doing.  And clean those probes on that
meter after every time you use it.

Jeez, I think I must've got outa the wrong side of the bed this morning! <g>

N.