What is a good source of calcium carbonate for teeth? I use oyster shell flour in the garden - that is 95% calcium carbonate. I am not sure I want to brush my teeth with it.
Gayla
----- Original Message ----- From: "Norton, Steve" <stephen.nor...@ngc.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 8:17 AM
Subject: RE: CS>tooth remedy

Here is the comment by Bodhi:

"Fluoride does nothing for sensitivity, most likely it would be something like the calcium carbonate or something else in the paste filling the vestibiles. The way to correct this is easy, mix calcium carbonate and arginine, brush with it once a month to fill the vestibiles. Sensitivity will be virtually corrected in a single dosage of that - at least for a few weeks. As a former dental technician, I can tell you this works in 99% of the cases, and the cost is slight. I haven't used fluoride toothpaste in years, and my teeth are stellar. My kids got LESS cavities when they stopped using fluoride products, but that might also be because "Toothpaste" is abrasive, destroys enamel. Everyone should really be using "Soap" to brush their teeth."

- Steve N