Yes it was lime scale, specifically calcium carbonate.

Marshall

On 10/4/2010 3:18 PM, zzekel...@aol.com wrote:

    I can now report some very definite and observable results.  I would
    normally have to drain and use acid on the inside of the container
    every
    month or two to remove all the scale that would form on the
    inside.  Not
    only have I not had to do this, there is still absolutely no scale
    forming at all, not even a trace.

*Hi Marshall, What is the "scale " you mention ??? Is it lime ??? Our water has a heavy lime content & it does cause trouble at times... Lois*