Doug, I think you're wrong about this, but I'm willing to be proved
otherwise.  Do you have any references for this?  Sodium ascorbate should be
pretty close to neutral pH (7) but ascorbic acid is acidic (don't know the
pH).  I would think injecting anything acidic would be a bad idea...

Alan

--
Alan Jones

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or
to the people."  (Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution)