Hello Paul,

MMS is a 22.4% sodium chlorite solution.  People have been using "Stabilized
Oxygen" since the 1940's by adding it to water without activation.
"Stabilized Oxygen" is a 3.5% sodium chlorite solution.

Dilute sodium chlorite (what is made when you add small amounts of sodium
chlorite to water) will activate when exposed to stomach acid, but it isn't
a quick reaction.  The theory is that it continues to activate after it
passes through the stomach.

There is debate as to what causes sodium chlorite solutions to work at all.
The chlorine dioxide produced during activation doesn't live for any length
of time inside the body.  I think most of it is used up by the time it hits
the back of your mouth.  This leaves the chlorous acid which breaks down
into chlorite.  If chlorite is what is doing the work, then an un-activated
solution would allow for more chlorite to enter the body.  In rats, the half
life of chlorite is a little over 40 hours, and it collects in all the
organs of the body including the brain.  Since chlorite is a free radical it
could be that this is what is doing the oxidation work.

Activated solutions allow a greater concentration of chlorous acid to enter
the stomach and the chlorous acid is a little more stable.  Un-activated
solutions do not "shock" the stomach, but only tend to be partially
activated by the stomach acid.  This is an area were more testing is needed
to understand and document what is going on.  This far we only have some
theories.

If you search on "stabilized oxygen" you can find information on how this
has been used.  Originally, people thought that it supplied the body with
additional oxygen and that is where the name came from.  It actually does
provide the body with a little extra oxygen, but it does this by killing off
the older red blood cells and stimulating the production of new ones.  If
you have a lot of old, infected, and/or dying red blood cells, you will
experience a lift as they get eliminated and new ones take their place.

6 drops of 22.4% sodium chlorite (MMS) in 125 ml of water will give you a
concentration of about 380 PPM available chlorine dioxide.  The general dose
of "stabilized oxygen" for illness is 20 drops of the 3.5% solution in 250
ml of water.  This ends up at a concentration of about 84 PPM available
chlorine dioxide.

Tom