Oops, boo boo...We need an 'edit' facility here <g>.  I meant to say
"restricTed area".

From: one.red...@hotmail.com
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:59:47 +1030
Subject: CS>Magnets & Gauss measurement

Anyone know anything about the Gauss measurement of magnets?

Specifically, magnets out of a microwave magnetron.  As one would be aware if
familiar, those magnets are like a donut, or a very thick washer in shape.

I'm interested in the Gauss measurement of the *inside* of the hole in the
centre.  Don't know if that measurement would be the same as either the north
or south pole of the faces of the magnet.

Secondary to the above...would the centre hole be distinctly north or south in
polarity, or would that be impossible to determine due to the fact that it's a
hole, or circular in shape?  Or a combination of both in such a restriced area?

Anyone got any idea of what the Gauss meter reading would be?

My query *IS* in relation to EIS/CS by the way...{experimental}.

N.