Kenny:

I have an SG6 as well. Unless the new design has permanently sealed the stirring motor, you'll want to smear some vaseline around the area where the stirring rod inserts in order to prevent moisture vapor causing the motor to freeze up (it's happened to me...naturally, after the warranty had expired). Overall, I have enjoyed using it over the past several years.

Terry