I'm completely agnostic -- or rather, ignorant -- about therapeutic uses of
radon, though I have repeatedly read that radon accumulation in residences is
clearly associated with cancer.    Interestingly, though, I've seen several
onsen hot-spring baths in Japan that promote their radon pools.   There's a
dipper for those who wish to drink the stuff.

Of course, many claims are made for the rejuvenating benefits of onsen, which
are often filled with shriveled oldsters -- of whom Japan now has the largest
percentage, it seems.