From: PT Ferrance [mailto:ptf2...@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:12 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Soy

Hi Ruth,

Do you know if she was tested for food intolerances as well?  These would be
substances that would show a reaction several days after ingesting.  You can
find out more at the website of Alcat Labs.  She will need to stay away from
those foods for a period of time and then be retested to see where she stands.
I needed to stay away for 1 year (and it wasn't easy) but the number of foods I
was intolerant of dropped dramatically after a year.  The other thing she needs
to do is rotate foods so she doesn't eat the same thing 2 or 3 days running.
The best is to wait 4 days and eat the food again on the 5th.

You are correct that wheat and soy are two very allergic foods.  Of the
possible soy preparations, according to my research, the ones that are best are
the ones that Orientals eat.  Real tofu along with tempeh and other kinds of
fermented soy products.  The way westerners use soy is a problem, seemingly.
Also, as a food it should be rotated.  Because of all the hormone issues with
soy I would be doubly careful about giving it to a young child.

Good luck to your friend and her daughter.

PT

  _____