MMMMM That's Ole' Bob Berger and certainly a CS pioneer, but not relevant to the name.

The name came from a wilderness buddy and Zen mentor from back in my ridge runner days, an actual coyote given to me as a pup by a pardoned communist draft dodger and propagandist running a antique printing press out a dome on top of a mountain with nothing but a foot path leading to it, that still lived at the "Pig Farm" on the Vermont Canada border. We traveled in and lived off the Eastern woods of the USA, Vermont to Florida and West to Alabama for 8 years before he went wild, last seen running with a pack of wild dogs in the Brushy Mountains of NC near Love Valley where a large number Vietnam vets grew such good '"Piney" weed that Iredell county became almost as famed a Humboldt county California... and a crossroads called Mayberry, just up the road from Taylorsville. ..an ode' to the coyote in all his varied abilities, intelligence and natural wisdom..[that included actual joking and laughter, believe it or not..and an occasional spoken word or even phrase with situational contextual relevant meaning, albeit, a very limited vocabulary mostly "I'm Hungry" "I wanna go home" and "Hello"..and a sort of hissing whisper "hee hee hee" with a big fat grin, gleeful dance and sparklie-eyes after being particularly clever running me..or a dog catcher.. in a circle. ]

While a pup in Vermont, he was raised with a border collie/coyote mix, 5 cats and a chicken that had had it's feet frozen off and lived in the house. At night 2 canines on the bottom, 5 cats on top of them and topped by "Funky Chicken". A fur and feather pile. He liked chickens so much that he'd not eat anything that had egg in it..and he liked his rabbits and squirrels cooked with potatoes and carrots, my job for part of the catch. [He couldn't pronounce " Cook, you helpless egg sucking human"..but got the idea across. ]

Fully said:  Ode Wan Coyote, a bastardization of a Star Wars characters name.

ode