I've recently asked a good friend to write a full report about his wife's
experience with the Budwig Diet, but here's a summary:

About two  years ago she (middle-aged) was diagnosed with stage four metastatic
colon cancer.  The worst of the tumor was surgically excised,  but she kept her
colon.  She was advised by MDs to take chemotherapy and radiation,  and had a
chemo shunt installed.

Her husband recalled my mention of the Budwig Diet some time previous (I think
I'd learned about it from this list, btw.)   He discussed that with his wife,
and they decided to try that rather than the prescribed therapy, which, had she
taken it, would have given her only six months to a year to live, according to
the MDs.

To make a long story short, she combined the Budwig flaxseed/cottage cheese
regimen with an overall healthy diet (macrobiotic? I don't know the details)
and two years later is in good health, with no markers of cancer whatsoever.
  Incidentally, flaxseed oil is nearly impossible to find in Japan -- no one
has heard of it.  He gets it via iHerb.com, which has low-cost shipping
worldwide.

All the details would be good to know and maybe in time my friend and his wife
will write everything down.

Budwig claimed cures for even late-stage cancer for nearly everyone who adhered
to the protocol.    There's very good reason to hope for success.