Once in a while, my jar has developed an almost invisible plating which alters the CS or shuts the process down.

I then soak it first with hot water and Efferdent (works great on antique bottles, too), and then I soak with CLR, which pretty much strips any metal or mineral coating. After that, I rinse and rinse, with a last rinse of distilled water and then dry thoroughly. Seems to do the trick.

Be well,
Léna
On Apr 1, 2011, at 7:39 PM, jaxi wrote:

I do get some silver build up on them and I will swap out for a new brew container periodically. But I brew a lot of jars of EIS before swapping. :-)

Jaxi

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Deborah Gerard <devorah...@yahoo.com> wrote: Do you ever get anykind of buildup on the jar walls Jaxi? I get leaf like silver designs debbie
-----Original Message-----
Date: Friday, April 01, 2011 5:19:47 pm
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
From: "jaxi" <jaxi.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: CS>brewing cs problems

My guess is left over residue (h2o2 and possibly towel) from "cleaning" the jar. I just use the same jar to brew in and decant it to storage jars. One done, decanted and another started, no need to clean in between. I would guess you need to use distilled water and rinse the dickens out of your brew jar. Just use this batch for topical or to make foaming hand soap with ...
I don't know if that devide alternates but lots of buildup on the wires
often happens for none alternating. Did you wipe the wires off with h2o2?
That could also be an issue.

Jaxi

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM, <dingyun...@att.net> wrote:

> I knew this question has been discussed before. I just don't have time
> looking back the files.  I am busy to find good remedies for my newly
> diagnosed chronic lyme. I would like to add CS to my portocol. I use > Utopia sillver bullet. Last week I was happy my batch was crystal clear. I > did intensive cleaning my jar with H202 and distiller water. Today it was
> ve

Archives: