Hi Harold,
My father-in-law was very sick with chronic lung issues, from job- related pollutants and perhaps Lyme as well. He always researched: sometimes starting with the teasers in tabloid newspapers, then reading all sorts of magazines, then bouncing things off a couple docs he respected. As time went one, they respected him, more and more as he somehow maintained a remarkable degree of functioning health despite over 25 years of prednisone. I'm so glad I was interested, and listened to him. Most of the family was weary of the chronic illness; I was interested in his tireless quest. He lit the way for me, so that when I suspected my Lyme disease, and doctors didn't, I stepped out and began to research like he had. He's been gone quite a while, well before the internet (which he would have loved), but now that I'm slowly, but steadily recovering, I feel his hovering curiosity and approval, and thank him for the great example he set.

Your youngest daughter and her husband are very lucky.

Be well,
Léna