In a message dated 7/1/2011 11:37:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
louis...@gozoom.ca writes:

The  bought ones come with a resistor
I was involved in adding a resistor to the ground line. Explosive workers
at the Navy Base where I worked wanted to not be a direct short in case 110
VAC  was encountered. Navy safety said about 2 ma would be safe. So we added
a 50K  resistor. Industry all started adding a resistor soon after. The
problem with  shocks is if it is one side to ground you can take a bigger shock
where across  the heart 4 ma may be deadly. One of the reasons animals are
killed from  lightning ground currents. We get shocked leg to leg where the
animal leg to leg  crosses its heart. So when grounding yourself make sure
you do not have a  current path across your heart.

Friends who would not listen to what I said about health are not dead yet
but are wheel chair bound. Last winter in a RV Park hot tub several ladies
could  not believe that I am nearly 80. I didn't even begin to tell them
about EIS as I  found it goes on deaf ears unless they ask.
Brickey