Hi MaryAnn,
I find your account fascinating and reassuring! As a Lymie, I know that the bbb is an important factor in treatment, and as I generate my own CS for my household, I'm going to build up my own use of it.

Be well,
Léna
On Jan 5, 2012, at 12:45 PM, MaryAnn Helland wrote:

Marshall -- I'm probably the least knowledgeable person on this list -- but my own experience leads me to believe that colloidal silver does cross the blood-brain barrier. At least in horses it does. That's how I came to learn about CS in the first place -- my horse had EPM, a neurological disease caused by protozoa crossing the blood- brain barrier and setting up breeding sites in the spinal column, which caused inflammation, swelling and neuro symptoms. The only way to treat the disease was to use a product that also crossed the blood- brain barrier, and evidence of this happening was a healing crisis in the horse where their symptoms actually worsened for awhile (as the protozoa started dying) before gradually improving -- sometimes to a complete recovery. Colloidal silver caused such a healing crisis in our horses (called a *downturn* in equine medical reference to this disease) -- so we knew that CS was crossing the blood brain barrier. Otherwise, there would have been no reaction to the ingestion of CS -- and no recovery for these horses, many of whom had already been treated by standard veterinary treatments/drugs. I realize that this is only word-of-mouth (can't think of the right term for that) evidence -- but you would have a hard time convincing a whole bunch of EPM-horse owners that it wasn't true. FWIW.
MA

From: Marshall <mdud...@king-cart.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thu, January 5, 2012 9:07:33 AM
Subject: Re: CS>brain a barrier?

I have read that colloidal silver does not cross the barrier, but that silver citrate does. If that is the case I suspect that silver chloride cross it as well, but is very limited due to its lack of solubility. If I wanted to get silver to the brain, I will mix with something that has citric acid before drinking it, such as gatorade or citric fruit juice.

Marshall