Ken,

Don't you mean the TDS meter halves the uS value of the solution?

Trem



----- Original Message ----- From: "Ode Coyote" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 4:18 AM
Subject: Re: CS>PPM vs uS




The minute power is removed from the electrodes, conductivity starts dropping and may drop as much as 50% Once it has stopped dropping. then the uS number is about the same number as derived by a device that actually measures PPM.

A "PPM" [TDS] meter roughly doubles the uS value of the solution.

Beyond around 30 uS, PPM/TDC and EC meters become pretty much useless as more and more ions are forced to become non-conductive particulates in that super saturated media.

Ken


At 09:47 AM 1/12/2012 +0000, you wrote:
Hi,

I have been doing some more reading which has got me looking for a resolution, namely what uS do you consider to roughly figure out the PPM. I know the reason why a typical ppm or uS meter would not give a reading due to the ions which we do want to measure not being very measurable in terms in electrical conductance.
But it there a rough method to measure from the stuff that does conduct.
What I am therefore asking is if my uS meter says 10 uS what ppm of CS should I consider that to be. I have so far been halving the value so that I would have said that was 5 ppm. This was from information I received from other posts.
Kindly help shed some light in this matter for me.
Cheers
Peace to all
Asif.



--
The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.
  Rules and Instructions: http://www.silverlist.org

Unsubscribe:
  <mailto:[email protected]?subjectsubscribe>
Archives:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html

Off-Topic discussions: <mailto:[email protected]>
List Owner: Mike Devour <mailto:[email protected]>