There are home uric acid test devices are available.  After researching
gout in the past, I concluded cinnamon extract (Gaia brand - I don't
remember why I chose it now though) may be an effective therapy to lower
uric acid.  Cinnemaldehyde (which is present in cinnamon extract) showed
massive plummet in uric acid from one megadose in an animal study.  You
could take as much total cinnemaldehyde in like a 6 month period with a
normal dose of cinnamon extract.

David