The issues are that the CS would combine with the various other chemicals in
the water such as salts and form compounds that may not be as effective as one
may believe.

Also remember tap water has chlorine so it's not totally without protection.
Although it may also have germs/ parasite in there too!

Hydrogen peroxide sounds like a good idea given the issues or forms of iodine
crystals.
Look at survivalist websites on this
Peace to all
Asif