D-ribose like Ubiquinol/Coenzyme Q10 deals with the charging the cells
power pack, the mitochondria. Muscle spasms may not be due to de-energized
mitochondria.

Anyway d-ribose definitely has proven to strength the heart muscle. Here
the link of an article on D-ribose
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/may2008_D-Ribose
-Energize-Your-Heart-Save-Your-Life_01.htm

Olushola